[CentOS-devel] Announcements for 6.0/updates

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jul 5 20:52:35 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 04:15 PM, Blake Dunlap wrote:
> Please send updates. That being said, I remember months ago you had
> talked about perhaps offering a better method of data dump from CentOS
> than the email method for automation purposes, what ever happened to that?

that sort of changed in scope - its still in the pipeline and I hope to
have some usable code soon. Atleast enough of the framework that other
people can then take it up and add functionality etc.

the plan that I've been working towards is to have a REST api that can
be called from whatever service / consumer / frontend and have
information published there. the metadata that is needed for something
of this nature is already being aggregated ( stuff like changelogs and
cve's etc )

- KB