[CentOS-devel] Public mirrors leaking ISO files

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jul 9 18:08:57 UTC 2011

On 07/09/2011 05:00 AM, Shawn Thompson wrote:
> This is just the silliest thing I have ever heard. This happens all
> the time, even with Windows. I see no cause for alarm, especially
> since this is FOSS. What's the problem?

Its got nothing to do with FOSS, its got everything to do with not
putting in a situation where they have broken installs and/or not
manageable machine instances.

we do try quite hard, within the CentOS ecosystem, to not put people in
that situation.

Another way of looking at the same thing : our mirror seeding,
management and release process isnt handling the 4500 or so external
mirrors very well at this time. Mirror Management setup Ver3 should help
with that to some level. Better education and more content available for
mirror admins should also help ( we do have rather low levels of content
covering that side of things in the wiki at the moment - you are most
welcome to join and help )

- KB