[CentOS-devel] CentOS-devel Digest, Vol 77, Issue 6

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jul 9 23:07:43 UTC 2011

On 07/09/2011 10:30 PM, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
>> Where would you have looked to see this being communicated ?
> 1) A new thread on this list containing the statement of the fact and
> brief explanation.

this list isnt the announement list for anything. if after folowing this
list for a while, people are still unsure as to the qaweb interface -
then nothing is really going to come across to them.

> 2) A short message on the Twitter, which many are using as an RSS feed
> for the project news for the lack of better options.

there is a statement on twitter about this..

>> What did you find when you looked there ?
> 1) Your reply on the mailing list made perfect sense and was generally
> an example of good communication, but it came late.
> 2) So did the tweet.

not sure I understand - are you saying that we should try and pre-empt
every possible way that people out there might need hand holding ? that
sounds quite strange. An issue came up, we tried to address it.

> As on many other instances, I would expect this information to be
> provided earlier.

so you mean to tell me that you are confused about the 'its not released
till its released and announced released bit?'

> I have previously asked on this list if the batches of the relevant
> qaweb announcements can be communicated on the -devel list weekly, e.g.
> every Friday.

this is not a communication of things to people list, I for one would
really not want it to become something of that nature.

> I could have taken the role of a person that would compile relevant
> updates from qaweb and officially post them to the list if this would be

dont think you can -- most of our interactino is on irc, and you have
previously yourself said that you are not available online there much..

- KB