[CentOS-devel] Spacewalk packages removed in CentOS 6?

Trent Johnson

centosdevel at trentjohnson.net
Mon Jul 11 15:51:27 UTC 2011

Having the packages in centos would allow us to use the same
kickstarts as we use on tuv 6.0 deployments.  The spacewalk-client
repos are a bit unstable also so it is nice to have the vendor
supported version of the tools on the base os.  It usually works
against most versions of the server without bothering to install the
spacewalk-client repos.  Also last I checked the spacewalk-client repo
brings in dependencies on epel, so then we have to drag the that repo
into our kickstarts as well.

Thanks,
Trent