[CentOS-devel] ksplice and CentOS

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jul 22 11:50:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 07/22/2011 12:29 AM, Brandon Ooi wrote:
> I would not be surprised if we see RH do something about this. They
> contribute the most to linux development of anybody. Anybody know
> someone at RH to see if there are plans? Possibly done on the Fedora
> side and trickle down to RHEL/CentOS?

As Jeff and Russ already pointed out - it would be interesting to see
what Red Hat do at their end, or even if they consider this sort of a
deployment scenario as something their customers would be keen on.
However, we are quite a large community here within the CentOS arena,
and given that there are quite a few people who use CentOS, who are also
insterested in this sort of a scenario - now is a good opportunity to
put together some efforts and see if we can solve this problem, for
ourselves.

In terms of people who cant help : Maybe we can get Marian to host a
webinar or something of that nature that people interested could attend
and see for themselves what the implications are, how the work might be
done and what is needed to make things happen. I would be happy to
organise something of this nature, should Marian agree.

- KB