[CentOS-devel] CentOS-devel Digest, Vol 77, Issue 6

Sat Jul 9 19:29:23 UTC 2011

On 07/09/2011 08:17 PM, Mark E. Wilt wrote:
> external mirrors started a couple of days ago, and that the "bit flip"
> should occur at any time), and you're chastising people for showing an
> overwhelming interest in the product.

I dont think anyone is being chastised as such - people who know what
they are doing are pretty much ok, and understand the issues involved.

> If you're so concerned about the potential problems with people "jumping
> the gun", then COMMUNICATE THE STATUS!! Don't leave people in the dark

its been quite clearly plastered all over the place that its not
released till the release announcement is sent out.

There are very few ways to work around getting a mirror sync, test and
mirrorlist handling in a sane manner that covers as large a base as we
need to.

> then act chagrined when people take it upon themselves to seek out what
> they've been waiting for. I don't care that you don't care that he
> doesn't care that there are leaks. I do care that you don't care to
> share what you know with others so that they might behave in a rational
> manner toward this much anticipated release.

Thats absolutely not true. As far as I can see lots of people have been
making it quite public that unless you really know what you are doing,
hold out for the release announcement. But then its possible I'm looking
at different things and talking to different people than you, so that
brings up :

Where would you have looked to see this being communicated ?
What did you find when you looked there ?
What else would you have expected ?
How can you help with this communcation ?

- KB