[CentOS-devel] Updates between minor releases

Wed Jul 13 19:14:02 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 09:04 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> So the CR repo will contain packages from the next minor, or from the
> next minor and beyond?

the 'plan' was to have everything from nextrelease + updates in nextrelease.

> The disadvantage of pulling updates from beyond minor would be that a CR
> enabled system is in a somewhat undefined state (what I would call
> rolling), but equipped with the latest updates.

yes, its that bit which makes things a bit uncertain and why I feel that
it should be by opt-in rather than by default; we just need to make sure
that we are able to reach out to the users and create enough of a
simple-knowledgebase around this subject so people can make the choice.

Also, keep in mind that 5.6/CR/ goes away with 5.6 ( ie: when 5.6 moves
to vault, there is no /CR/ migrated to vault, it just goes-away goes away )

- KB