[CentOS-devel] Updates proposed but no post on centos-announce

Thu Jul 21 10:24:30 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 01:04 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Since upstream has a 6.1 version already released, we will be using a
> Continous Release repository for 6.0
> to bring all 6.1 and post 6.1 security updates to all 6.0 users, till
> such time as CentOS-6.1 is released itself.

We rebuilt all the post 6.0/6.0-updates rpms, the final ones are still
in the queue ( and they should build ). Once that happens the CR repo
will be setup and details posted.

I think it would be good to have a short limited release first so we can
all test the process ( ie. people on the centos-devel list can test the
process ) before its released more widely.

> But I understood CR repo has to be specifically "activated"... how?

you will need to install the centos-release-cr rpm on the machine
manually. exit from there to the next released centos-release should be
automagic ( via an obsoletes: in the next centos-release )

> So what is current situation? Possibly lists.centos.org non updated
> but e-mails actually sent to subscribers...?
> In attach output of "yum update" on this system... as of 15th of July
> when I tried (I didn't update)
> Are perhaps these a sort of 0 day updates, as it happens in Fedora?

yes, these were 0 day updates, already in place when 6.0 released. the
announcements for them individually should be visible soon ( either
close of play Friday or early on Monday UTC ).

- KB