[CentOS-devel] announcing stuff that is in CR/

Thu Jul 21 14:21:47 UTC 2011
Greg Bailey <gbailey at lxpro.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> Opinions on what would be a good time to announce rpms that make it into
> the CR/ repo's ? As we build through 5.7 and 6.1, and start pushing the
> packages into the CR/ repo, should we also be announcing those updates ?
> On one hand it seems like the best time to announce it since the rpms
> are available - however they are only available to people who
> specifically opt into the CR/ process, so perhaps the best time to
> announce them would be when the rpms are in the os ( or updates/ ) repos
> in the next release.
>
> thoughts ?

Using CentOS 6.1 as an example, will the packages be announced again
once 6.1 is released?  I'm assuming they would, as that would indicate
the updates are available from the regular updates repository.  In that
case, you'd have 2 announcements for each update:  one for the CR
release, and another for the "regular" release.

How about an "centos-announce-cr" mailing list for those who want to be
notified of CR updates?

-Greg