[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 2 10:21:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 06/01/2011 06:52 PM, Andrzej Szymański wrote:
> I don't know whether you use (and can use) the following hack to speed
> up rsyncing the iso files:
>
> - you need to have the full (or mostly complete) package tree on the target

We do some sanity tests that span the buildsys, the intermediary host
and the final rsync targets. So its important that the first set of
contents is sync'd out from the buildsys as-is. Perhaps extra caution,
but we have had problems in the past ( even with rsync saying two files
are identical when they were clearly not ).

On the other hand, the ISOS can be fairly easily re-created from the
tree, so if the rpms tree are is already in place that would be easier
than going down the tar route.

- KB