[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Thu Jun 2 18:58:47 UTC 2011

Karanbir Singh wrote on 06/02/2011 10:25 AM:
> On 06/02/2011 01:49 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia
>>
>> fails with a package tree for lack of a .discinfo file.  If there is a
>> simple process for creating one it could be incorporated into the script.
>>

> i dont know whats on the end of that wiki article, am http less at the
> moment - however, even the cd's should have a .discinfo

The Wiki article mainly comprises a script, originally by Chris Kloiber
<ckloiber at redhat.com> with tweaks by yours truly, that can build a DVD
iso from CDs, or a package tree - given that a .discinfo file is
available.  If there are no ISOs yet available, as for instance with the
current QA tree, the script does not know how to create a .discinfo on
the fly, nor do I.  I did look around a bit in the past (that being
circa 2008) but failed to come up with the formula; however, I would
assume the developers must know the correct magic incantation.

It occurs to me while writing this that the script also does not know
how to split things up if more than one DVD is required, as that was not
a concern when the script was created, nor when I modified it for the Wiki.

Phil