[CentOS-devel] Status of CentOS 5 for the i586?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jun 3 15:13:00 UTC 2011

On Friday, June 03, 2011 11:02:06 AM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> there is actually an ia64 build that runs in parallel with the x86_64 C5
> stream.... And there has been a fair bit of work done on Sparc for c6.
[snip good info]

Hmm, is this ia64 build available publicly?  The last I saw was fairly old.  But it's been a month or more since I looked last.  We've just acquired a second box (which is more than one machine) to augment the one SGI Altix 3000 we have; this one is a melange of a small Altix 3000 and a stack of Altix 350's in one tall cabinet; at least part of that one will be operational fairly soon.

> > So having somewhat of a really high-level overview of handling of secondary arches would be useful, to more than just me I'm sure.
>
> cool, let me get something together. It will, ofcourse, be a lot easier
> in C6 than C4/C5; unless we can migrate the whole c4/c5 buildservices
> over to use the event driven stuff in C6

This sounds very cool.