[CentOS-devel] Variants and packages in Upstream

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Jun 19 20:29:49 UTC 2011

On 06/19/2011 08:04 PM, Shad L. Lords wrote:
> The Server + all additional channels (fasttrack, optional,
> optional-fasttrack, rhn-tools, supplementary, updates) will give you all
> of the packages that exist in client and workstation with the exception
> of the release package.  However client is missing 440 packages that are
> in server and workstation is missing 40 packages (appear to be all
> cluster related) that are in server.

this helps. I suspect those 440 rpms are from ComputeNode, Scaleable
Storage etc.

The larger problem I am trying to solve is being able to get a snapshot
in time for the optional repos. from what I can tell, they seem to be
out of sync amongst varients for code content that is shared amongst
each other ( totally wtf! ) - the problem that it creates for *me* is
that I cant workout what was the state of optionals when package Foo was
built. Add another dimension to this : cant easily workout what the
state of optionals was when a point release gets out of the door, making
it even harder to get rpm manifests for 6.1 and so on.

thanks for looking into this stuff,

- KB