[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jun 21 14:38:26 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 03:23 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> I think a whitelist to allow stuff through on a per rpm basis would be a
>> better fit.
> Or that. But given that the package list changes per release ( since RH
> introduces new packages during the first half of the distro cycle ) a
> blacklist might be easier to maintain. Especially as I do not [fore]see
> many packages to be " forbidden ". To be reanalyzed when time comes ?

I was thinking that once the packages start moving into the buildsystem,
the whitelist will be empty : at that stage we just need some way for
the QA team members to be able to click a link or enable a tick box
somewhere and have it added to the whitelist.

Also, i think we should have the basic rpm level tests running inside
the buildsystem for 5.7, so that will be an additional point of
reference / data point to consider ( and for fail's to get marked as
such automatically ).

- KB