[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jun 3 13:04:08 UTC 2011

On Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:19:44 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/02/2011 02:24 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > yum-plugin-rolling-rebuild.  Wish I had such written....or even specified.... A yum plugin that compares something unique between packages with identical NEVR tuples, but also something that is present in the repo files and is carried into the rpm database.  Would be a prerequisite for successfully using CR in a seamless fashion, methinks.
> >

> are you trying to rehash this :
> http://lists.baseurl.org/pipermail/yum-devel/2011-March/008071.html

Hmmm, didn't know that patch to distro-sync existed.  But, yeah, that would be the ticket.  Assuming it could go into the distributed yum.  Can yum for C5 be retrofitted for distro-sync? Hmmm, it looks like a minor version bump from 3.2.22 in C5 to 3.2.29 in EL6.   But, yes, this would, IMO, fit the bill.