[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Jeff Johnson

n3npq at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 16:25:17 UTC 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> In an ideal world, we should try and keep yum at 3.2.22, lets first
> confirm that the distro-sync patch does not apply to 3.2.22 as we ship
> it first.

This is the flaw in "back ports" like distro-sync -> yum 3.2.22

	When you retrofit functionality and don't change the version
	then noone knows what tools are "supposed" to do anymore.

This is the "real" not the "ideal" world.

You might as well be honest and change the version too imho. ymmv.

73 de Jeff