[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Manuel Wolfshant

wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Jun 21 14:23:46 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 05:16 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/21/2011 02:53 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> Well, the mere presence in CR implies "we are not yet sure those are
>> ready for prime time". Or are they ?
> we are saying that they are early-access to the updates packages and
> *should* be ready for prime time.

In this case I see no problems with the approach that you have
suggested. Who wants to use them installs and activates manually the
repo. Once the packages are moved to the stable tree the repo will be
empty and behave just like the current empty ones . win-win situation

>>> it does mean that some packages like anaconda and friends will never
>>> make it to CR.
>> This aspect requires a bit of [additional] attention from the person who
>> does the pushes. And maybe a blacklist of some sort ?
> I think a whitelist to allow stuff through on a per rpm basis would be a
> better fit.
Or that. But given that the package list changes per release ( since RH
introduces new packages during the first half of the distro cycle ) a
blacklist might be easier to maintain. Especially as I do not [fore]see
many packages to be " forbidden ". To be reanalyzed when time comes ?