[CentOS-devel] Status of CentOS 5 for the i586?

Tue Jun 7 21:23:48 UTC 2011
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Cody Jackson <supertanker13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just had a look at the rhel6 kernel source, and it looks like this
> is going to be troublesome for i586 support. It generates
> configuration files on the fly (?) and doesn't include an i586 config
> file by default--defunct or not. I imagine, but don't know for
> certain, that the preapplied patches may make things difficult too. I
> hope someone more familiar with the kernel than I can look into this
> and tell me I'm wrong, but until then, I'll be focusing my efforts on
> C5.

Cody,

If you really want to play with c6, grab one of the centosplus kernels
for c6 from here:

http://centos.toracat.org/kernel/centos6/centosplus-testing/SRPMS/

These kernels have familiar kernel config files. :)

Also, you can find a "howto" on the c6 kernel here:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4586

The first 3 notes will help you with customization.

Good luck,

Akemi