[CentOS-devel] million-dollar question....

Sat Jun 18 12:43:03 UTC 2011
Patrice Guay <patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca>

2011-06-18 00:22, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Tetsuo Handa
> <from-centos at i-love.sakura.ne.jp>  wrote:
>> People started to wonder who is acting centos6 on twitter.
>> Is this a reliable account?
>
> No, that is not an official account for the project.  @centos is run
> by Karnabir, and as far as I know that's the only official CentOS
> twitter account.

I am the one behind the CentOS6 account. I try to keep people informed
about the CentOS6 release and point them to the QA calendar when there
is an update.

Also, from my past experience, the public release of a CentOS version
comes a few days after the synchronization to external mirrors. That is
why one of the latest tweet approximates the public release date on July
1st 2011.

A lot of followers for this account are from Japan. I guess using
twitter to receive updates about a subject is more common there. I'm
trying to give more exposure to the QA calendar (a great tool for the
community) by following and anticipating it.

--
Patrice