[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Tue Jun 21 13:20:35 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 01:11 PM, David Hollis wrote:
> I think that this makes sense.  With the added benefit that since the
> -CR repo rpm would be removed so the user wouldn't get an ugly surprise
> on during the next point release cycle if they weren't wanting the
> updates at that time.

Right, and we dont need to maintain that CR repo for the life of the
point release it was setup for. Since everyone would have the default
$releaever/updates/$basearch repo enabled anyway. Since CR would not
replace updates/ it would be an additional repo.

> Would there be any mechanism for ensuring that if you participate in the
> CR repo that if you installed a 'preview' rpm but it had some issues and
> was rebuilt that you would get the rebuilt rpm?  Or would that just be
> the chance you take and you would have to hope that the package gets an
> update and release # increment to get updated to 'stable'?

If there is a need to rebuild a package that is already in the CR repo,
in order to maintain sanity we would need to bump release. The
distrosync plugin for yum would help - but its hard to make sure that
everyone using CR would have it and have it enabled.

- KB