[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Tue Jun 21 20:00:39 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> So, if you were managing an internet connected host running CentOS,
> would you configure it to track the CR repo or not?  Or what criteria
> would you use to make this decision?  I'm still having trouble seeing
> why, if upstream decided they should go out, that someone running what
> is essentially identical to that upstream code doesn't need them for the
> same reasons.  Or why to think the risk of installing them outweighs the
> risk of continuing to run what upstream had its reasons to replace.

We are not talking about regular updates, but **only** the time between
RHEL point release and CentOS point release. So completed packages do
not wait for *all* packages and ISO's to be released, but are available
as soon as QA team approves them.
If there is fundamental error for a base package that requires for some
of those packages to be recompiled, we need to have some kind of
automatic protection for that case scenario.

Ljubomir