[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Steve Meyers steve-centos at spamwiz.com
Tue Mar 1 20:09:37 UTC 2011

On 3/1/11 12:59 PM, Andreas Rogge wrote:
> If you're "fighting" with your CMS you're definitely using the wrong
> tool for the job.

I guess that's why I don't like to use CMSes.  I like to have more
control over layout and such, and I find I spend less time doing my own
CSS and HTML than I would trying to get my CSS to work within the CMS
CSS.  The more customizing you do with the CMS, the more problems you
potentially have when you do upgrades in the future.

Like I said though, it all depends on how many pages you're maintaining.
  At some point, it's better to just work within the bounds of the CMS
and give up some of the customizability, in order to have better
maintainability.

I'm saying all this without having seen a site design for the new
website, so perhaps I should just keep my piehole shut.

Steve