[CentOS-devel] Updates from today

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Mar 10 22:25:13 UTC 2011

On 03/10/2011 04:14 PM, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
> 2011/3/10 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
>
>> We don't just use one buildsystem ... like I said, it is not just about
>> building.  I don't think I need to discuss our internal infrastructure
>> on an open list either.
>
> Hi Johnny,
>
> Why? (C = Community [?] Enterprise Operating System)
>
> Do you build C6 packages on C5 build servers? Which mock version?
> Where can I get the buildlogs?

You can't get the build logs, no.

Community because all the QA team, the forum moderators, the graphics
team, the mailing lists and the wiki are all members of the community
providing help.

We do not build CentOS 6 on CentOS 5 servers because of the new version
of RPM and the issues getting those to install properly via the CentOS-5
yum/rpm is not worth the effort.  We therefore are using a mixture of
RHEL6Beta2 and Fedora-12 with mock 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 for CentOS6.

For CentOS4 and CentOS5, we use exactly what we have in centos extras
(mock 0.6.8) to build.

CentOS is for the community ... it is not BUILT buy the community.