[CentOS-devel] Updates from today

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Wed Mar 23 10:02:31 UTC 2011

Ljubomir,

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 10:45 +0100, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Yury, you have missed the point, as many before you.

I appreciate your answer, but unfortunately you were too quick to assume
that I am the one that is missing the point here. I need no explanations
of what and how CentOS does, as I am to a certain extent familiar with
the goals and the process.

The tools I am relating to pertain especially to the production and
maintenance of rebuilds and derivatives (where only a fraction of
upstream packages is changed), and as Johnny was generally questioning
the usefulness of SCM in these particular scenarios I though I would
mention how other projects deal with similar problems.

This was an informational email primarily for Johnny, which I also
decided to share with the list, since I've seen it before that
developers involved in one particular flavor of distributions are often
not up to date with alternative approaches from other distributions.

I tried to make the informational nature of my post clear. Please be
more of an attentive reader in the future to keep this thread clean.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev