[CentOS-devel] Why not a fusion between CentOS and SL?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Mar 23 10:17:49 UTC 2011

Compare those 2 sentances:
> "The base SL distribution is basically Enterprise Linux, recompiled from
> source.

-snip-

> "Q. What is Scientific Linux?
>
> A. Scientific Linux is in essence, a commercial enterprise linux
> distribution, recompiled.

and compare it with this statement:

"CentOS conforms fully with the upstream vendors redistribution policy
and aims to be 100% binary compatible. (CentOS mainly changes packages
to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork)."

For me, "basically" and "in essence" is not as same as "aims to be 100%
binary compatible"

If you can not see and understand, then I, or anyone else, can not help
you to understand the difference.

Ljubomir