[CentOS-devel] QA effort

Jonas Larson jonas.larson at redbridge.se
Wed Mar 30 06:08:23 UTC 2011

Hi Phil,

On 03/28/2011 08:02 AM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> A good start would be a brief introduction with a description of your
> background and capabilities, and a statement of how you would like to
> contribute to CentOS.  For QA testing - what platforms, applications, etc.

I'm a system administrator/consultant working with linux and unix (well mostly linux these days :-) ). I have been working with linux since '99 and has worked with red hat ever since. I first installed redhat 5.2 and was hooked! Those days I only worked with HP-UX and linux was a step forward, to say the least.

Over the years I have worked with red hat a lot, building custom CD's, auto-installing with PXE, kickstart, performance tuning applications and so on. I have done some programming (C and python) but don't consider myself a programmer.

I have access to our lab with the x86_64 plattform. On the application side I'm not sure what is needed, I am open to suggestions! My main interest is in contributing and trying to keep centos as current as possible.

Let me know if you need something more specific!

Cheers,

Jonas