[CentOS-devel] Updates from today

Dag Wieers

dag at wieers.com
Thu Mar 10 22:18:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On 03/10/2011 03:45 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>
>>> I know of Karanbir, Tru and you, but haven't seen anyone else announcing
>>> signed packages. From the Team page at http://wiki.centos.org/Team I can
>>> only identify Russ as being active on the mailinglist.
>>
>> Sorry Ralph ! You too ;-)
>>
>>> Who has access to the buildsystem and who has access to the keys for
>>> signing wrt. CentOS 4.9, 5.6 and 6.0 ?
>
> We don't just use one buildsystem ... like I said, it is not just about
> building.  I don't think I need to discuss our internal infrastructure
> on an open list either.
>
> Jim Perrin and Fabian Arrotin also have access to some infrastructure
> too.  Tim Verhoeven has some access as well.  Not to the signing keys
> ... not many people have that, but to be able to build some packages.
>
> Akemi Yagi does some packages for us too, notably the CentOS Plus kernel.
>
> Not sure where this is going.

This is going towards more understanding from the community to how CentOS
is being built, who is involved and where the problems are situated.

This information is not available from anywhere else. So only Karanbir,
Tru and you have access to the signing keys.

Jim, Fabian, Tim and Akemi have access to certain buildsystems or
infrastructure but have not built any packages for CentOS 4.9, 5.6
and 6.0 ?

I guess this also means that just the three of you can produce updates ?