[CentOS-devel] polite request

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Mar 24 20:08:27 UTC 2011

hi Guys,

This list is the centos-devel list, there are other lists like this
list. But *this* list is the list dedicated to development of CentOS.
Which means its not a list to talk about generic technical stuff that
does not directly have a relation to centos development, its also not a
list to discuss development issues with code and process that isnt
centos itself. Its not a place to announce stuff, its also not a place
to have social and 'in the old days...' or 'when i was young..' or
politics ( around open source, generic software, technology or otherwise ).

Recently lots of fluff being posted here is just noise and really not
appropriate for this list. The end result is that most of the people
doing development work on CentOS are not reading this list anymore since
its all irrelevant and offtopic noise.

Its not a good situation to be in, so a polite request from my side -
take it elsewhere. Lets try and maintain topic sanity here on this list
so we don't need to all go back to using private, focused and productive
lists;

Thanks

- KB