[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Tue Mar 1 08:54:17 UTC 2011
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>

Am 23.02.2011 19:00, schrieb Karanbir Singh:

> On the flip side : if primary content on the website is going to be
> generated / project based rather than lots of text / cms style content;
> then do we need much more than a few static pages with the right css
> thrown in on top - and let the apps run as they do with the same css (
> as much as possible ).
>
> Would drupal in this case not be a total overkill ?

Maybe, maybe not.

But not having a CMS will become a maintenance-horror either. There is
no site that only aggregates feeds, there's always some content left
(i.e. you don't intend to generate "Download CentOS X"-Buttons by
crafting weird CSS-voodoo around an rss feed, do you?) and you have to
somehow organize the feeds you display.

So we need something that is good at news aggregation and that has at
least a few cms features.

I don't vote for Drupal (and also not against it). But I strongly
discourage the "just some static pages"-solution.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG