[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 Artwork?

Sat Mar 12 05:35:44 UTC 2011
Shawn Thompson <superfox436 at gmail.com>

Just wondering, do we have any plans for the CentOS 6.0 artwork? I kinda had
an idea for a theme for this release, a theme that works in our logo colors
along with a somewhat professional looking manner, and of course with the
lack of a better name, I called it Prism. I'm somewhat satisfied with what I
got here right now, though I really think my intended "vision" for this
could only truly be seen if I used some raster stuff alongside my attempt at
using Inkscape for such a product. What I got here, is more of a primer for
a more "definitive" design package incorporating these elements (and when we
have more of an actual vision, then I'll list it on the wiki somewhere).

http://ploader.net/files/d638bd1df2eb9d3af6578640568114e7.png

I'm sure we could find ways of jazzing this concept up, but I really think
for 6.0, the artwork should be as good as the artwork in distributions
sponsored by a certain upstream vendor. We can't just completely use 5.5's
since there are some new elements in the 6.0-era distro (Plymouth splash
screen, new GDM format, new Anaconda graphics etc.), so a complete makeover
should really be completed by release.

~Shawn Thompson