[CentOS-devel] Updates from today

Fri Mar 11 19:27:18 UTC 2011
Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com>

On Mar 11, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> No, the extraction of the contents of the SRPM's into distinguishable
> directories is quite inefficient and has a great deal of unnecessary
> overlap. Normally, I would use "rpm -U foo.src.rpm" to extract the
> contents, but doing that with SRPM's can store files that have changed
> and overlap each other, such as README and init scripts.

Um, not true. All depends on how you choose to configure RPM
before unpacking, and how you go about building from SRPMS
and otherwise setup a build system

You could ask how to do that someplace where you might get an informed
answer, RPM and SRPM and VCS issues are entirely not gonna be solved on
centos-devel.

I also have a 100 line
	#!/usr/bin/make -f
script around that explodes SRPM's into a repository in ~1-2 hours.

About 1/3rd of the 100 lines is --help spewage.

73 de Jeff