[CentOS-devel] Why not a fusion between CentOS and SL?

Thu Mar 24 09:07:37 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> On 03/23/2011 12:20 PM, Rainer Traut wrote:
>> Am 23.03.2011 11:09, schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:
>>> if you examine certain packages you will notice that there are linking
>>> differences between what SL ships and what RH ships.
>> Can you give an example of such package/binary?
> I can but I am not sure that I may. So I won't.

Manuel,

I don't see any reason why you may not share incompatibilities found in
Scientific Linux ? Can you shed a light on why that is ?

Other team members already disclosed two of those, so is there a reason
why not all of them are shared with the Scientific Linux team ?