[CentOS-devel] I want to help

Thu Mar 31 17:31:36 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:02:12 pm Lamar Owen wrote:
>  The kernel source package's pre-patched source code tarball is a much larger hurdle, not for just rebuilding the package, but for modifying and properly (commercially) supporting those packages.

In re-reading what I posted, I realized that it could be misunderstood to mean that simple rebuilding is made more difficult by the pre-patched tarball being the source; that wasn't what I meant, and I apologize for the error.  'just rebuilding' in this case should be read as 'simply rebuilding' or 'straight rebuilding' or similar; unfortunately English is a rather ambiguous language, and my particular choice of the word 'just' in this instance was particularly ambiguous.