[CentOS-devel] published errata at http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/ and how that relates to CentOS

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sun May 8 15:51:15 UTC 2011

On 08/05/11 14:46, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> [...]

Yes, the GPL applies and yes the SRPMS are available - to customers who
purchased an Extended Update Support (EUS) contract from Red Hat and
whom also receive the "software" in binary form. As Red Hat don't
distribute the software to you (either privately or publicly) they are
under no obligation under the GPL to make the source code available to
you either.

Please feel free to purchase an EUS contract from Red Hat and make the
SRPMS available on your public FTP server, under the terms of the GPL.

Also, consider whether such would be detrimental to Red Hat's ability to
add value to their product which ultimately has to hurt CentOS too.