[CentOS-devel] Help with LiveCD for 6.0

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:24:31 UTC 2011

On 5/24/2011 12:03 PM, Patrice Guay wrote:
>>> I can/will help. What is needed?
>>
>> * C6-liveDVD as a desktop environ
>>
>> * C6-liveCD as a trimmed down desktop, focus on system tools, trim docs
>> and other excess stuff ( I guess, use the c5 livecd script for hints)
>>
>> * C6-RescueLiveCD with system tools [1]
>>
>> And have one of those per arch
>>

> Please don't forget that there is an "install to hard drive" functionality
> now. Trimming the C6-liveCD will result in a CentOS distro with missing
> stuff compared to a standard installation. Trimming the C6 LiveCD as it
> was done for C5 is a bad idea.

"Missing stuff" is not a big problem if you can get to the point where
yum works.  I'd love to see an absolutely minimal CD/USB with just the
filesystem and raid tools you might need to prepare a disk/raid set and
then do an install to the point where the network and yum works.  If you
are concerned about matching what the DVD install contains you could
include scripts with the package lists to pull in later.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com