[CentOS-devel] Confusing package versioning

Dag Wieers

dag at wieers.com
Thu May 5 16:20:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Thursday, May 05, 2011 07:19:40 AM Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> I am sorry for this. Because this mail arrived in my inbox, I was
>> confident Jean-Marc was mailing me privately. So my response is how I
>> reply privately. I did not intend to send this to the list.
>
> As much as I respect your hard work on RPMforge over the years, I must
> comment on this.
>
> If one replies differently in public than in private, it will leak
> publicly at some point, and the duplicity will be found out.  E-mails,
> once sent, are written records, and can be copied and sent around all
> over.  It is best to have the same face publicly as privately; that can
> either mean restraint in private or totally 'letting it all hang out' in
> public, as the sender of the message sees fit.
>
> Having and raising five children has taught me extraordinarily valuable
> lessons on this, especially on how 'talking behind another's back'
> always comes back around, and always creates ill will.

Lamar,

I respect your opinion. But you may not have noticed that KB and Johnny
are ignoring the whole discussion and he prefers to go into things that do
not matter. Even a reply I did not intend to send to the list.

I am not making anything up, and I am glad that Ned actually has proof of
the problem we are trying to bring up. But as usual smoke and mirrors are
prefered to distract people from the issue brought up.

So I think you fell in one of the traps to mischaracterize me, and make it
personal. I know the tactics used by now.