[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri May 6 20:01:00 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 02:47 PM, Mike Doroshenko wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 12:49 AM, Bill McGonigle wrote:
>> target-1) tree's to QA
>
> What does /target-1) tree's to QA/ mean? I know QA stands for Quality Assurance, but /tree's to Quality Assurance/ still doesn't make sense to me.

If you look on mirror.centos.org, what we consider a "Tree" is the 5.6
directory or the 4.8 directory.

In this particular case, we are saying that we will get all the RPMs
(built) in the 6.0 to QA to look at.

They will be installable as RPMs from the directory (ie, like the
updates directory).

We may have network installable boot images at that point, but we will
not have a full set of installable / bootable ISOs.

Once we run several sets of tests in QA with many kinds of installs (or
updating over other installs for other than the .0 releases) and once we
fix issues found with these RPMS, then we will generate the actual
install ISOs and test those.