[CentOS-devel] Help with LiveCD for 6.0

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:29:20 UTC 2011

On 5/25/2011 4:06 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/25/2011 08:30 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> * LiveCDminimum : no desktop but just @core and @base (depending on the
>> available time and the official C6 images)
>
> we dont really need one of these. The netboot iso will mostly satisfy
> the need for a rescue environment

Is there going to be a single CD server install?  If not, a non-GUI
liveCD with install capability might fill that need.  And again, it
doesn't matter what packages are/aren't included because odds are that
they will be obsolete when you load them from install media anyway.  You
just need the parts to get ssh and yum to a usable point after your
reboot and the package/group names that a normal install would have
included (you may not want them, but you should know how your setup
differs).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com