[CentOS-devel] CentOS-[56] Continous Release

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Tue May 31 22:49:09 UTC 2011

Hi Matt,

On 05/31/2011 12:44 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:52:01PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> - this repository will run off centos.org  machines initially, and will
>> not be released to third party mirrors. The exact details of how the
> Works for me as a start, but we'd be really happy to mirror them for you
> as soon as possible.

Thanks for the offer.

The reason why we were thinking of keeping it on centos.org machines is
so we can manage it a bit. In case we need to remove content from the
repo, or replace content we would like to be able to do that
really-quickly. Also, we need to workout a mechanism to make this CR
repo go away in an elegant manner once content is released into the main
os/ and updates/ repo.

Would be interesting if the CR repo could have a hard dependancy on the
OS/ and Updates/ repo ( ~ it would only work if the machine also had the
os/ and updates/ repo enabled ).

- KB