[CentOS-devel] Confusing package versioning

Thu May 5 12:02:14 UTC 2011
Jean-Marc Liger <jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr>

Le 05/05/11 13:22, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> On 05/05/2011 12:17 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>> The most important thing is RHEL5_X now sligthly differs with RHEL5_Y,
>>> and this may affect compatibility, like with the last mod_nss release.
>>> So I have an interest to immediatly visualise that my foo package,
>>> modified by CentOS, was rebuilt on el5_X rather than el5_Y.

Karanbir,

Let's have a little clarification. I wrote the above paragraph and I
assume it. Dag wrote the (indigo) sentences below and I got them out of
my post because I don't agree. I'm not with or against someone. I just
want to discuss on a devel list, not to troll or give any food to some
flam war.

>> I know, the CentOS developers are simply ignoring the relevance of this.

> by assuming that the _x and _y imply that the code is built on, you
> already dont know what you are talking about

Ok, I assume that say that _x and _y having been built on different
instances would have been a more correct assertion, but after saying
that, doesn't the difference between these two instances still remains.

JML