[CentOS-devel] Confusing package versioning

Thu May 5 13:52:17 UTC 2011
Jean-Marc Liger <jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr>

Le 05/05/11 14:57, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
>> I define 'instance' like the build environment CentOS projet take care
> in that case, no - the distag in this case will have no connection or
> relevance to the build roots being used to build any given package. In
> many cases it might 'ok' to assume this ( eg. package-.el5_1 will clear
> have a different root to package-.el5_5 ) but beyond that.
>
> Look at it from a different point of view: there are el5_6 packages that
> were built on el5.5 buildroots,
Ok, the first packages of a new sub-release are built on the previous
buildroot.
> while there are el5_5 updates that were
> built with packages that had el5_6 in their released names.
Looks like Upstream still have 'rawhide' habits.

For a new sub-release, do you have some new or updated srpms (unmodified
by CentOS) coming with several dist tags ?