[CentOS-devel] CentOS 6 status update (relayed from the web forum)

Sat May 7 15:35:23 UTC 2011
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Fri, 6 May 2011, David Hrbáč wrote:

> Dne 6.5.2011 22:24, Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
>> We also remove several packages (all the RHN items, for example, since
>> CentOS is not allowed to update from RHN, etc.)

> Yes, but these packages might be important for Spacewalk deployment. So
> I'd prefer to modify these packages and release.

Thinking out loud here ...

The question then becomes: how to test these?  We'll need a
'cookbook' or automated process for setting up the needed test
harness infrastructure, and then the functional tests, if
these parts were to be retained ...

By and large, the only non-end-user posters 'in quantity' on
the spacewalk mailing lists seem to be @redhat folks, and so
the utility of such an effort is not clear

-- Russ herrold