[CentOS-devel] published errata at http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/ and how that relates to CentOS

Mon May 9 16:29:56 UTC 2011
R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>

On Mon, 9 May 2011, Florian La Roche wrote:

> Once you go to this small set of changes, I think doing this only per specific
> customer also makes a lot of sense. (As a community project, backporting servers
> to older releases could be a worthwhile project.)

An infinity of potentially 'worthwhile projects' exist ... but
CentOS is about being a strict rebuild, with trademark and
branding fixups.  To the extent THIS project starts getting
into the back porting, we have people start to relying on such
'out of scope' efforts .... and then we 'draw fire' for not
meeting someone's need or expectations beyond being a strict
rebuild.

I don't see that we at CentOS should be doing that

-- Russ herrold