[CentOS-devel] moving the CR repo into mainstream release

David Hrbáč david-lists at hrbac.cz
Tue Nov 22 09:22:55 UTC 2011

Dne 22.11.2011 9:55, Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
> We made this very easy to get ... just run yum install centos-release-cr
> if you want it.
>
> But we give the customer the option to take the increase risk or not.
>
> I think this is the RIGHT way to do this.
Johnny,
CR repo is fine, glad we have it. I'd like it to stay optional. We are
using it on boxes not managed by Spacewalk. Boxes managed by Spacewalk
are not using CR:
- no erratas (we are using errata binding)
- packages from CR are going to be moved into Base/Updates repos, but
Spacewalk server keeps all the downloaded packages

So, CR is good trade-off, full release would be better.
Thanks,
DH