[CentOS-devel] moving the CR repo into mainstream release

Tom Sorensen tsorensen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:27:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Marko Bevc <marko at bevc.net> wrote:
> Well my 5c...nothing beeing wrong with CR repo but does it not upstream
> provider(RH) deploys updates as they come?

No. I don't know where people got this idea that RH delivers that way.

When 6.2 comes out (any day now) all of the rpms will be made
available at that time. None of the rpms are pushed into the channel
prior to that.

And unless you do some special foo in RHN your systems will pull down
all of those updates next time you do a "yum update" on them. Or you
can push them to the system from RHN. That makes it no different from
what happens when CentOS makes a point release.

The CR repo is quite different from how RH does it. As I stated
earlier I don't think that there's any significant danger
(particularly compared to having no security updates for months, as is
the current situation with 6) from trickling in RPMs, but it *is*
different from upstream.

Tom Sorensen