[CentOS-devel] FreeType Bytecode Interpreter

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Nov 23 17:53:26 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 07:37 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi all.
>>> We could do that if there is a need.
>>> Putting this in the upstream bugzilla might get it turned on for the
>>> main distro.
> Ok, I am going to check if RHEL ships with Bytecode Interpreter already
> active. If not, I am going to create an upstream BZ.
>> Until then it's a perfect candidate for centosplus.
> So centosplus may contain packages that are already in base?

> How is made sure that these are taken? By higher Release Tags or just by
> includes/excludes?
by default centosplus is disabled. users must make sure that they
include what's needed and exclude what is not. see
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus . In
particular, ".centos" is also added to the release.

In my case, for instance:
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base

#released updates
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates

In this particular case , I have my own postfix ( mysql enabled, no
pgsql) that I want to protect, but the idea is the same. In the initial
days I used to use postfix-centos.mysql_pgsql.i386.rpm but I decided
that the postgresql stack was useless for my use case and got rid of it.