[CentOS-devel] moving the CR repo into mainstream release

Digimer

linux at alteeve.com
Tue Nov 1 15:47:04 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 10:48 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 02:40 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
>>
>> I would welcome this very much, it makes my mirroring setup much easier
>> in that I don't have to update it every time a 6.x release comes out
>> (since I'm only interested in mirroring the latest release ofcourse)
>>

> It is actually going to add a lot of complexity to the mirroring setup.
> There will no longer be consistent point release tree's, and the /6/
> target will keep changing, all the time. So you will need to carry on
> mirroring the entire centos/6/ tree anyway
>
> the exact mechanics of how we implement this would still need to be
> worked out.
>
> - KB

Personally, I'd prefer to keep CR separate and have the main releases as
they've been.

The idea behind CentOS is that it is super stable and matches upstream.
I worry that merging CR will hurt the stability. I've enabled CR on some
test nodes and started seeing issues, minor though they may be.

So +1 to keeping the status quo. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron