[CentOS-devel] [urgent] Please, push tzdata update from CR into main 6.0 repo.

R P Herrold

herrold at centos.org
Wed Nov 2 17:37:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Alex/AT wrote:

> The "tzdata-2011h-3.el6.noarch.rpm" needs to be pushed into mainline 6.0 repo
> ASAP. The mainline 6.0 repo version of tzdata contains no update for latest
> Russian (and maybe some others, don't know) timezone changes, causing major
> headaches.

and yet I see in today's stream: tzdata-2011l-4.el6.src.rpm

... this particular package is usually a trivial package to
rebuild -- BUT THE Java related one is NOT.  Local authorities
dont plan ahead, and fixing the matter is already documented
in the wiki with the 'rebuilding SRPMs' article

Coming up with a policy for 'special casing' CR matter into
updates seems like a discussion we need to have first.  I am
not against doing so in limited cases. but we need to consider
the liklihood of breaking update path, and indeed, running
installs, first

-- Russ herrold