[CentOS-devel] moving the CR repo into mainstream release

Tue Nov 1 14:48:43 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 02:40 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:

> I would welcome this very much, it makes my mirroring setup much easier
> in that I don't have to update it every time a 6.x release comes out
> (since I'm only interested in mirroring the latest release ofcourse)

It is actually going to add a lot of complexity to the mirroring setup.
There will no longer be consistent point release tree's, and the /6/
target will keep changing, all the time. So you will need to carry on
mirroring the entire centos/6/ tree anyway

the exact mechanics of how we implement this would still need to be
worked out.

- KB