[CentOS-devel] [C6] cr/SRPMS/Packages/ empty

Tue Oct 25 12:18:41 UTC 2011
Tetsuo Handa <from-centos at I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>

Ilya A. Otyutskiy wrote:
> You will get stock RHEL kernel by doing that. Anyways, why do you need
> exactly centos kernel? As you can see below -- it's just stock RHEL
> one but with some slight changes which doesn't affect functionality.

Just wanted to rebuild with TOMOYO enabled. To do so, I wanted to know
what modification is required for reusing upstream packages.

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> In addition to the above, one line in the genkey file is modified by CentOS:
>
> Name-Real: CentOS

Thanks Akemi. So, roughly speaking centos's kernel srpm is made with

  sed -i -e 's at --keyring \./kernel\.pub Red at --keyring ./kernel.pub CentOS@' -- SPECS/kernel.spec
  sed -i -e 's at Red Hat, Inc\. at CentOS@' -- SOURCES/genkey

.

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> We have enough ( but barely enough ) space on the mirrors for
> 6.0/cr/SRPMS; however that would then mean that we no longer have enough
> space to get 6.1 on there.

I see. The reason the directory remains empty is to save disk space.

> So just to keep with the theme of things, what is the feeling if I were :
> - to drop the CR/SRPMS into vault.c.o
> - add a .repo stanza into the centos-release-cr rpm with a [sources]
> pointing to the right place

I'm fine with that approach.

Thanks.